Hero Arts: You are absolutely awesome





Hello and Happy Sunday afternoon!  I'm posting a bit later than usual but wanted to whip up something I had swirling around.  Some of you might remember that my boy is doing a study abroad in Paris and he landed there this morning!


I made this especially with him in mind, let's start on the bottom and work our way up!  I used a panel from the Earth Mix Layering Papers and stamped the Designer Woodgrain stamp with Soft Brown Shadow Ink.

The Absolutely Awesome sentiment was stamped with Intense Black ink on a panel from the Pool Mix Layering Papers.  I was able to get the curve cut by using one of the Nesting Oval Infinity Dies.


Have you picked up the Shopping Bag Fancy Die?  If not, you really should, it is so much fun!  I like to use double sided paper, and like the last time, I used upcycled packing paper.  I stuffed it with tissue from a gift that the kids got me from Sugarfina.  I know that the boy will recognize it :)

I had to use the Coffee and Croissant set because I keep telling the kids that's all I'm going to consume when we're in Paris together.

I can't wait to send him his first care package, I'll tuck this in there.

My card was inspired by the Paper Players:



Comments

Love love love this! LOVING that shopping bag!! And YAY for him arriving there!!!!!!!!!!!
I Card Everyone said…
I have not purchased that little bag die, amy... but I sure do enjoy watching you create with it! tres magnifique!!!
=]
Vicki Dutcher said…
So fun I love the gift bag
Tracey McNeely said…
I really like that shopping bag die, have been holding off getting it but think I should after seeing your cute card.
Julia Aston said…
What a fun fun card for the boy - and aren't you lucky you have a reason to go to Paris!!
Annette Allen said…
awesome card.. I love that little gift bag die..
Your son is going to LOVE Paris. It is so pretty there. Hope you get to go visit him soon. I love Europe. I would live there if I could. :)
laurie said…
Wow what an awesome card...love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!
Celeste Goff said…
What an awesome opportunity for your son and I know he's going to love that gorgeous card!
Hetty said…
Great card, great shopping die and I hope your son has an awesome time in Paris!
Jaydee said…
How fun for your son to be studying in Paris and I know he will love this card - it reminds me of the parisienne breakfasts I used to have. Great take on the challenge and so glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee
Karen B. said…
Such a cool and clever die and card!