adventure awaits!





Hello and Happy Wednesday!  I don't generally post so late in the day but since I had been working on this card since yesterday morning, I thought I'd go ahead and post it.  I've been wanting to ink up my new Newton's Nook stamps, Message in a Bottle.  Love it and the coordinating dies.

cardstock:  bazzil marshmallow  paper:  carta bella/ahoy there, crate paper/poolside  stamps:  newtons nook/message in a bottle ink:  ranger archival black  other:  kuretake gansai tambi, newton's nook/message in a bottle dies, dcwv cork

I finally remembered to order some Bazzill Marshmallow from Ellen.  It's one of the many tips I learned from taking a Julie Ebersole class at Impress.  You can gently watercolor on it...all the coloring you see was done ala my Kuretake Gansai Tambi!  I super love those watercolors and they've become my all-time go-to coloring media...yet again, thanks to Julie!

My paper is a combo of Carta Bella and Crate Paper.  I used some Gansai Tambi on the horizontal panel to add a little interest and to highlight the stamped anchor and sentiment.

Do you see that fun octo?  I messily colored her with the Gansai Tambi and finished her off with my $ spot chalk marker...added a couple polkas and filled in the 'suction cups'.

My card was inspired by the clean & simple version of retro sketches:


Today's my day off, we have dental appointments in the afternoon but this morning is dedicated to crafting and prepping for the bridal shower on Saturday.




Comments

Christine Kiehl said…
And it was an awesome card for me to see! Love it! I am so into the nautical right now!
CraftyTime4U said…
Your card is fantastic Amy! I love all the details you put on it! Have a lovely day!
Deepti said…
Superb! This is a winner :)
Unknown said…
Oh my, this is awesome Amy!! Beautiful detail:)
Julia Aston said…
Love the octo on the bottle - what fun nautical stamps - love your paper too!
Lesley said…
Very cool design!!!
Doudou said…
Oh love so much!! Beautiful
Shelly said…
I am sooo lovin' this! From the watercolor to papers, it's awesome!
Love love love love this! LOVING the ship in the bottle and the fun octopus on top!!!!!!!
Nora Noll said…
Ohhhh!! Love the watercolor-especially on the octopus!! I also like how you used the patterned paper on this. Every element is perfect on this card!!
Yuki said…
This card is just too fun! Your watercoloring looks awesome and I just love the fun design!
wendipooh13 said…
soo cute, love your image!!!
Rubeena I. said…
I love this!! I love anything nautical too...but haven't made a card yet with that theme! LOL
Helen F. said…
Wonderful nautical themed card, Amy. Everything coordinates beautifully :-)
Samantha Mann said…
This is SOOOOOO AMAZING!! Love the watercoloing! (I can't believe you didn't use watercolor paper! Rebel!) :P
You totally rocked this set!! Incredible!
Michelle said…
So fun - loving all the nautical elements here - what a fun spin on that sketch!
Sylvia said…
Cute card, Amy, love the nautical theme...especially the ship in the bottle! Happy Thursday!
VanessaB said…
Fantastic nautical card. I love it!!
Arrrg ee matey, total fun!!!!!!
Sheri Gilson said…
Awesome nautical card, Amy! Thank you so much for playing along with us as Retro Sketches!
cm said…
A message in a bottle, an octopus and a whole lot of creativity makes for one fabulous card! Such fun!
Hugs~c
Kim Heggins said…
Sweet card Amy...love your ship in the bottle. So fun.
Celeste Goff said…
Love this card Amy!
Audrey Pettit said…
You do nautical so well, my friend! This just completely makes me smile!
This is really fun! I love the kraken on top of the bottle and the cork flying out!