Poppy Sketches #4: hello. my friend

This is post 2 of 2 for me today...click HERE for the Top Dog Dies/The Twinery Blog Hop!


Hello & Happy Monday!

We're back with a new challenge over at 



Our Super Sponsor is



I played with



and the coordinating



Here's how I was inspired:


I heat embossed the sentiment in gold and stitched down the vellum strip with gold thread.

The Fri-Dies are awesome and cut so clean and crisp.  I bought some scrapbooking paper in the Target $ spot and sadly it is SUPER thin.  Check out how wonderful those blooms look.  The dies work beautifully.

My patterned panel is from the My Minds Eye Market Street Collection.  I used the Nob Hill paper pad.  The enamel centers of the bloom are also from My Minds Eye.

I can't wait to see how the challenge inspires you!

Make sure you check out the Poppy Sketches blog

and my teamies





Comments

lauren bergold said…
oh *WOW*! how gorgeous is this??!?! PERFECT use of dies, stamps, colors and sketch! it's a quadruple play!!! :)
Annette Allen said…
wow totally LOVE IT.. the added gold is perfect..
wendipooh13 said…
ohhh yummy card and love the gold "stitching"!!!
Angi Barrs said…
Gorgeous! Love how you used the vellum. Hope you had a fun Mother's Day!
Shannon J said…
Total sweetness! Love the stitching!
Tracey McNeely said…
Beautiful, love your stitching!
Kelly said…
love the embossed sentiment!
Brenda said…
This is cute! Just sweet and simple. Love the addition of the gold!
Lynnda said…
I heart the embossed gold sentiment! I so want to try! Loving this pretty and sweet card Sista! Hugs....x
Jess said…
Fun card! Love the embossing on vellum!
Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous!! I love love love love the colors and the flowers!!!!!!
yyam said…
This is sooooo sweet!
Audrey Pettit said…
This is beautiful, Amy! Love the slightly retro feel with this color combo and those flower dies. Such a great combo with the gold embossing. Really love that you used gold thread here, too!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Amy, everything is about gold this week, love your gold sentiment. Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Shelly said…
Beautiful! Simply, LOVE it!
Jean said…
This is adorable - what a lovely way to use those flowers!
Ashley Horton said…
I always love when you use vellum for your sentiments!! :)
jessica said…
This is beautiful! LOVE that gold embossing and stitching!
AWESOME card!
cm said…
Totally wonderful! The stitching and the gold embossing on the sentiment soooooo eye-catching! Hugs~c
Deepti said…
This is gorgeous, simple and stunning :)
Angie Tieman said…
This is beautiful! Love the gold!
Diane Jaquay said…
I love this, the colors of the stripes and flowers go beautifully with the gold sentiment!
Lori said…
Just lovely! The vellum and gold are so pretty with these colors.
Heather North said…
Thanks for introducing me to a new sketch challenge! Just what my mojo needed. :) Love the elegant little touches on your card.