Avocado Arts July Release: Grillin' and Chillin'




Hello!

I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog today!  I'd love for you to pop over there!

I'm showcasing the July release

Grillin' and Chillin'


I thought I'd show one of my three cards on my blog:


Do you see what I see?

What do YOU see?

A soda?  An Ice Tea?

Well, of course it's an iced coffee!


I super love that drink glass...think of the possibilites!  I made up my own trendy straw using a copic.  The belly band is a strip of vellum that is over a kraft panel {upcycled cereal box!} that I dry embossed.

My card design is inspired by



I'd love for you to pop on over to 


to check out my other projects!


Comments

Lynn said…
Summertime perfection! Love the texture and the drink looks perfect!
Jessi Fogan said…
Love how crisp the embossing is on the cereal box! And OMG that straw - adorable!!! (And of course it's iced coffee - is there anything finer? Oh, right, regular coffee! lol)
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love it! I definitely saw coffee.
jessica said…
Awesome card Amy! Love the vellum and that embossing is awesome!
Hope you have a GREAT 4th of July!
Annette Allen said…
what a pretty card..
Miriam Prantner said…
Love the texture and that tall skinny glass!
Audrey Pettit said…
Of course it's an iced coffee! I was thinking diet coke with lime, personally. ;) Love your design with the upcycled embossed chipboard and handmade trendy straw! Awesome!
Lisa Arana said…
of course it is iced coffee, what else would it be??? heehee. I LOVE that you combined the sketch with coffee, that makes me super happy. The vellum sentiment is just perfect. Amy, thank you so much for playing along with wanna sketch!!!
Sylvia said…
Love this card and that embossed background, Amy!
donna mikasa said…
This is so cute! Iced coffee is indeed summertime yum!
Tracey McNeely said…
Holy cow Amy this is so sinkin' fabulous!
Angie Tieman said…
Fantastic card! Love that straw and hexi texture!
DebC said…
such a cute summertime card!
Deb C
Trinh said…
I saw a glass of root beer but iced coffee sounds yummy too. Very cute!
Connie Mercer said…
love the design!!!!
Ashley Horton said…
Love the embossed Hexagons, Amy! So cute!
What a fab design-- great use of these stamps and this sketch! YOU amaze me:)
loving the soda pop stamps out there, including this one! Your straw add just the perfect amount of color and really catches the eye!
Kelly Griglione said…
Oh, love your custom straw! And the cereal box I always forget about using. Great reminder : )
Ren-Yi said…
hello hexagons! you had me at hex ;) love this fabulous card.